A longer recording will always take longer to transcribe. Just Press Record uses Apple’s speech-to-text system to do the conversion and it takes time to process. If you tap the single line of transcription after it begins you should see the transcription build up as the audio is processed.
Just Press Record needs to be the foreground app during transcription as iOS does not allow it to transcribe while in the background. Here’s what we recommend you do for longer transcriptions:
1) Plug in your iOS device to charge.
2) Make sure Auto Lock is turned off in Display Settings.
3) Start your transcription.
4) Make sure you leave Just Press Record in the foreground.
5) Leave it overnight if necessary.